1909 DFP Coupe
Offered by Auctions America | Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | March 29, 2015
DFP stands for Doriot, Flandrin and Parant and they started producing cars under the DFP marque in 1908. Between 1906 and early 1908, Doriot-Flandrin was the brand name prior to the Parant Brothers joining the company. DFP remained in business through 1926 when Lafitte took the plant over.
Single-cylinder DFP cars were made until 1910. This car uses a Chapuis-Dornier straight-four engine. There were three four-cylinder engines offered in 1909, 2.0, 2.4, and 2.8-liter. It is not mentioned which engine this car carries.
The body is attractive, simple, and light and was constructed by Darlington Garage Ltd. The car is being offered from the collection of a museum in the Cayman Islands. It is expected to sell for between $40,000-$50,000. Click here for more info and here for more from this sale.
Update: mysteriously disappeared from auction catalog.