1993 Benetton-Ford B193B
Offered by Bonhams | Cheserex, Switzerland | June 20, 2021
Benetton Formula arrived on the grid in 1986, taking over the Toleman team. They later gave Michael Schumacher his first two titles before being purchased by Renault in 2000. The B193 was their car for the 1993 season, and it was updated to B193B spec beginning at the third race of the season at Donington Park.
The cars were powered by a 3.5-liter Ford V8 that made about 700 horsepower. Unfortunately, this chassis (#02) has been converted to show car spec, so it is currently engineless. It started the season as a spare car before being used for testing. Its actual competition history consists of:
- 1993 German Grand Prix – 5th (with Riccardo Patrese)
- 1993 Hungarian Grand Prix – 2nd (with Patrese)
- 1993 Belgian Grand Prix – 6th (with Patrese)
- 1993 Italian Grand Prix – 5th (with Patrese)
- 1993 Portuguese Grand Prix – 16th, DNF (with Patrese)
Not too shabby. The car has been refinished in a later livery (it would’ve had a yellow and green Camel livery in ’93). At any rate, it’s a pure roller. Yet, it is still expected to bring between $89,000-$130,000. Click here for more info and here for more from this sale.