1984 Lola-Mazda T616
Offered by Russo & Steele | Pebble Beach, California | August 15-17, 2014
The Lola T600 was new for the Group C category in 1981. For 1984, it was updated to the T616. They teamed with BF Goodrich racing and Mazda to run these cars for the 1984 season. Russo & Steele is also offering the sister car for sale, too. The engine is a 300 horsepower 1.3-liter twin-rotor Wankel. Here’s a brief rundown of its competition highlights:
- 1984 24 Hours of Daytona – 31st (with Jim Busby, Rick Knoop and Boy Hayje)
- 1984 1000km Monza – 1st in class (with Busby and Knoop)
- 1984 24 Hours of Le Mans – 12th, 1st in class (with Busby, Knoop and Hayje)
- 1984 1000km Nurburgring – 2nd in class (with Busby and Peter Halsmer)
- 1984 1000km Fuji – 3rd in class (with Busby and Halsmer)
The pair of cars were stored after 1984 until original drivers Knoop and Busby found them and restored them. You can buy them now and read more here (and check out the rest of Russo & Steele’s lineup here).
Update: Sold $132,000.