1907 Niclausse Type D Tourer by Binder
Offered by Gooding & Company | Amelia Island, Florida | February/March 2024
J. et A. Niclausse was the trading name for the car company started by Jules and Albert Niclausse in 1890. Thy were boilermakers and cars were sort of a side project produced in a separate factory. And the cars were not steam-powered, instead they were large gas-powered luxury cars.
Niclausse produced cars from 1906 through 1914. The Type D is powered by a 6.3-liter inline-four rated at 30/35 horsepower. It has rear drum brakes and a four-speed gearbox. The body was produced by Binder.
This example was sold new in Barcelona and remained with its original owning family until entered the Mullin collection in 2007 (alongside another Niclausse from the same family). The car has not been restored and will sell at no reserve with an estimate of $90,000-$120,000. More info can be found here.